The unaudited reports on pension funds industry portfolio for the period ended 31 December 2021 revealed that pension assets under the Contributory Pension Scheme grew to N13.42 trillion in December 2021.
This translates to 9.09% growth year on year from N12.31 trillion recorded at the end of 2021.
Month on month, pension assets grew by 1.27% from N13.26 trillion recorded in November 2021.
The breakdown of the figures by PenCom showed that:
- N8.77 trillion was invested in Federal Government’s securities,
- N943.34 billion in corporate debt securities,
- N2.01 trillion in local money market securities
- N120.73 billion in mutual funds.
- N915.31 billion was invested in domestic ordinary shares
- N122.49 billion was invested in foreign ordinary shares.