Airtel Africa has confirmed that the default currency and options on currency election for the proposed interim dividend (recommended by the Board to be 2.18 cents per ordinary share payable on 9 December 2022 to shareholders on the register at of close of business on 11 November 2022), and the currency exchange rates that will be applicable in determination of the final dividend payment to any shareholders that qualify for and have elected to receive the final dividend payment in U.S. dollars, GB pounds or Nigerian naira will be as follows:
1 USD = 446.1 Nigerian naira
1 USD = 0.8652 GB pounds
The Telecom giant also gave the following guidelines for Shareholders that hold their shares on the Nigerian Exchange (NGX):
- Shareholders that hold their shares on the Nigerian Stock Exchange may elect to receive their entire dividend payment in Nigerian naira or U.S. dollars.
- Partial elections are not permissible.
- Holders electing to receive a dividend in U.S. dollars should complete the Currency Election Form and return to Coronation Registrars Limited or email to [email protected]
- Shareholders holding their shares on the NSE who do not indicate their currency of choice before 28 November 2022 will receive their dividends in Nigerian naira.
- The closing date for the dividend currency election to the Company’s Registrars Coronation Registrars Limited in Nigeria is 28 November 2022.
- Currency election forms can found on the website of the Company’s Registrar www.coronationregistrars.com or this direct link: https://coronationregistrars.com/currency-electionform/